Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pico-de-Gallo-a-Mexican-Fruit Salad- For Summer Dinners

Mexican fruit salad is my very favorite dishes, and something I am missing while I was traveling. Mexican food in Germany isn't Mexicana enough. I grew up in Fresno, and later in Sacramento California, and for sure in Logan Square, Chicago IL. it is so mouth-watering good.




Even the Mexican street vendor food is great! I share this on my Blogspot, "SnowCones" to "SnowPeas"I really love these fruit cups, squeeze fresh lemon juice, and sprinkle with Pollo- Limon, what a treat. (my mouth is watering)

Ingredients:
1/2 cantaloupe
1 apple
1 cucumber
1 jicama
1/2 honeydew
2 oranges
2 mangoes
1/2 pineapple, diced
4 cups watermelon
6 lemons

Pico de Gallo powdered seasoning, to taste (a brand found in Latin foods section)
Directions: Prep Time: 30 mins

1 Wash all fruit and/or vegetables (the ones you prefer), peel, and dice into chunk size pieces.  Place in a large bowl and mix with clean hands to distribute evenly.
 Cut the lemons into wedges and place in a serving dish.
To serve, place 2 cups of the fruit mixture into an individual serving bowl, squeeze some lemon juice on top and then sprinkle with the "Pico de Gallo" seasoning.

Enjoy!

Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/pico-de-gallo-a-mexican-fruit-salad-166927#ixzz1TnsPWpFs